axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Isuru Suriarachchi <isur...@gmail.com>
Subject Allowing .jar files to be deployed as normal Axis2 services
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 05:18:27 GMT
Hi all,

In the current Axis2 trunk, even if I rename a .aar file in the
repository/services folder to .jar, it is getting deployed as a .aar file.
This happens because of the following code in the DeploymentFileData class.

public static boolean isServiceArchiveFile(String filename) {
        return ((filename.endsWith(".jar")) | (filename.endsWith(".aar")));
    }

So do we need to support .jar files as well? I can remember that we
supported JAX-WS services also in the "repository/services" folder before it
was moved into "servicejars". Is this code something left from that
implementation or is this intensional? Shouldn't we remove the support for
.jar extension?

WDYT?

Thanks,
~Isuru