axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Afkham Azeez <afk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supporting a services.xml for JAX-WS services
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:14:32 GMT
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Andreas Veithen
<andreas.veithen@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, I think what Azeez proposes is to make the code that processes
> services.xml reusable.

Yes, that is what I was suggesting. Probably the relevant deployer can
decide whether to call that code or not.

> That is a good thing (even if we choose A), but
> it is not enough to implement solution A, i.e. we will not get the
> behavior we had in previous Axis2 versions (where deploying JAX-WS
> services as AAR files worked). Instead these services would be
> deployed by a JAX-WS specific deployer.

Isn't it sufficient to just be able to include a services.xml file within
the JAXWS jar file, and deploy it in the servicejars directory? What is the
purpose or advantage of deploying JAXWS services as AAR files?

> Andreas
>
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:43, Isuru Suriarachchi <isurues@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> >
> > I think what Azeez proposes is different from B as well. Because, it
> won't
> > be a JAX-WS specific thing. If we want to support a services.xml for any
> of
> > the service types, we should be able to use the same API to do that after
> > the AxisService object is created. That code will basically read the
> > services.xml and use the parameters to change the behaviour of the
> already
> > created service.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > ~Isuru
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Andreas Veithen <
> andreas.veithen@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Before selecting the implementation approach, I think we need to
> >> choose between the following two options to define what we want to
> >> achieve:
> >>
> >> A) Allow deployment of JAX-WS by the standard service deployer. Of
> >> course this means that a new API needs to be introduced so that JAX-WS
> >> can plug itself into the service deployer.
> >>
> >> B) Introduce a separate deployer specifically for JAX-WS services
> >> bundled with a services.xml file.
> >>
> >> Option A has a couple of advantages [1] and the solution originally
> >> proposed by me was based on that option (although my PoC uses option
> >> B). I think that what Azeez proposes necessarily implies option B. I
> >> don't now much about WSO2 Data Services, but I guess that they are not
> >> just AAR files and require their own deployer anyway. Therefore, what
> >> is a good option for Data Services is not necessarily the right option
> >> for JAX-WS services.
> >>
> >> Andreas
> >>
> >> [1] http://markmail.org/message/jz5bpoybvylbzb6q

> solution.