axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal Jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Allowing .jar files to be deployed as normal Axis2 services
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 00:44:01 GMT
Now I remember why we introduce this jar feature. As you might know
single POJO deployment has few drawbacks:
 - can have single class
 - cannot have a package name
 - cannot refer to any other classes

To overcome these problem one can deploy a POJO as a jar file, but
need to annotate the service class using JSR181 (@WebService). Which
helps them to deploy services without worrying to write services.xml.
Hence, I still think this has a valid use case, in fact and no problem
of keeping it.

Deepal

http://blogs.deepal.org