axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Pradeep Fernando <pradee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 deployment mechanism for POJOs
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 10:14:58 GMT
hi
comments inline,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:17 PM, am am <akmeref@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Deepal thanks for reply:
>>Only at the starting time or does it work runtime as well?
> What do you mean? If the clients can use the service? I can see the wsdl and
> I tried a service call and it works.
> Also is a services.xml needed for pojos?
> Now that I think about it, I guess it makes sense. The jarĀ  containing the
> pojo, since it is in lib it is in the classpath of axis2 and so axis2 can
> find it to initialize it. Right? Is this how it works???

hope you are already familiar with a the deployment architecture of
axis2. if not refer [1]
the pojoDeployer is responsible for deploying the pojo classes. you
can define your own deployer to deploy a service. you will see set of
registered deployers in the axis2 xml. there we have define,

 <deployer extension=".class" directory="pojo"
class="org.apache.axis2.deployment.POJODeployer"/>

so that any .class file put in to directory named pojo will be
deployed by the pojoDeployer.

[1] http://wso2.org/library/3708

--Pradeep