axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Kanchana Welagedara <kancha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request of Linking with a codeFest
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 07:38:07 GMT
Hi Azeez,

I'm sorry for delaying in reply. I had to wait for many people to get back
from vacation. As you can see volunteer based commitment (while having other
work commitments) doesn't seem to be a productive since it has not been made
much contribution to the community since we started. Also internal
infrastructure didn’t really bless with this team for their voluntary work.

I have discussed this with my superiors to bring some formality in their
volunteer work by giving some free time slots to work and proper
infrastructure to operate in more efficient way in Apache project
contributions. Also some of the KT sessions such as  Techtalks conducted
in quick start in Axis java2 as well were conducted.

I have communicated with a Test engineering folks to allocate some
interested QA resources (who are intersted )to work with us.But they will be
newbies. Organizational stuff takes time.

New plans are to move forward to contribute in a more productive manner.  I
saw many changes/enhancements implemented including fast track on fixing
bugs on Axis java2 .If you specifically think of any areas for us to work on
 please share with us.

 Shivendra and Prateek , How it is going on from your end? Will you be
synchronizing with us to move forward?

Thanks

Kanchana