axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Senaka Fernando <sen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Rampart 1.5.1 release
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 17:15:26 GMT
Hi Ruwan,

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Senaka Fernando <senaka@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Ruwan Linton <ruwan.linton@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Andreas,
>>
>> Please see my comments inline;
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Andreas Veithen <
>> andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There is another issue with that release caused by the change in
>>> r1051839, which adds http://dist.wso2.org/maven2 as a repository. The
>>> problem is that this repository is not properly managed.
>>

>> Well as of what you have found this statement seems to be correct, but it
>> is a mistake that we have done, and we are managing the WSO2 m2 repo
>> properly.
>>

>>> It contains
>>> artifacts with the same groupId, artifactId and version as Maven
>>> central, but with different content. Example:
>>>

>>> http://dist.wso2.org/maven2/org/apache/axis2/addressing/1.5/addressing-1.5.pom
>>>
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/axis2/addressing/1.5/addressing-1.5.pom
>>

>>  Regarding this particular issue, if you carefully have a look, the pom on
>> the WSO2 m2 repo points to the 1.5-wso2v4 as it's parent, and the mistake
>> there was that the addressing version has not been updated and it is
>> deployed as a 1.5 version. I guess this happened because Axis2 fails to
>> resolve the module version with letters in the trailing part like wso2v4.
>>

> Ruwan, actually, this particular pom does not use the inherited version
> from the parent. It has its own version. If you check carefully, the parent
> version is 1.5-wso2v4, but for this particular module, it has been
> overridden and defined as 1.5.

Oops, sorry for the oversight, actually we are saying the same thing, :-).
But, one issue, IMO, Maven, and Axis2 should not have anything in common. In
other words, the version of an artifact defined in Maven should not be the
basis of versioning of an artifact on Axis2. So, the POM could have version
1.5-wso2v4, whereas the module could have been bundled as 1.5. Am I missing
something?

Thanks,
Senaka.