axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Rampart 1.5.1 release
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:24:34 GMT
Unfortunately, the release candidate doesn't yet meet the (new) ASF
requirements for a valid release :-(. See [1]:

"Every artifact distributed by the Apache Software Foundation should
and every new one must be accompanied by one file containing an
OpenPGP compatible ASCII armored detached signature and another file
containing an MD5 checksum."

Although the document doesn't mention Maven artifacts explicitly, the
common interpretation [2] of this requirement is that every individual
Maven artifact must be signed.

Also, I think that the key used to sign the distributions doesn't meet
the new requirements in terms of key type and length.

These requirements are part of the reasons why I migrated Axiom, Axis2
and Sandesha2 to the (new) standard ASF release process based on
maven-release-plugin and Nexus. It automates most of the stuff and
Nexus does some validation of the artifacts already when staging them.
I think we should migrate Rampart as well, at least for the next
release.

Andreas

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html
[2] http://people.apache.org/~henkp/repo/faq.html