axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Fwd: Moving to website to the new CMS?
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2010 02:20:59 GMT
Now that we're soooo late in having any Website at all how about moving to
the new CMS instead of Confluence and various other weird contortions?

Sanjiva.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nick Burch <nick.burch@alfresco.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM
Subject: Moving to website to the new CMS?
To: dev@community.apache.org

Hi All

At the moment our main website is edited through confluence, auto-exported
(when the plugin isn't broken...) before going onto the website. However, we
don't have an easy way to know when changes happen, edits can only occur via
confluence, and whenever the auto-export plugin sulks we can't edit for a
bit...

I'd like to suggest that we instead move to the new Apache CMS:
http://journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2010/10/22/evolution-of-apaches-websites/

This would give us a number of things, including:
* Instant publish (no more waiting 2 hours)
* Email notifications of changes
* Website can be edited both via a friendly CMS, as well as in a text
 editor
* More options for site layout and formatting for the future

I've asked a few people here at ApacheCon and got a generally positive
response to the idea of the change. So, assuming no objections are raised,
I'll go ahead and do the work to switch us over (getting things setup with
infra, switching the conflence markup to markdown etc). Please shout if you
don't want this to go ahead by lazy consensus!

Thanks
Nick

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Director & Chief Scientist; Lanka Software Foundation;

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/