axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From dilly <dilly2st...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plan for updating axis(yes it is axis 1 not 2)
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 01:37:35 GMT
  Thank you for reply, Tom :)

Yes axis 1 has a long history, and now there is axis2(also xfire, etc.)
for web service. But axis 1 still has its value, as I insist. For one
thing, the web server with jdk 1.4 or lower needs it, as I mentioned
before, for another, Eclipse 3.5 J2EE formally support axis, which also
indicates the importance of my favorite(for evidence see the
attachment). In fact, I just use axis 1 in a project with weblogic 8.1.
As to performance issue, I think axis 1 is good enough for my
requirements, so... :)

OK Let's come to the point. The first step of my plan is to make the
document up to date, correct the outdated links which are not valid anymore.
I will shortly give out a detailed plan.
Hope for any advice.

dilly(Ma Yu)
Shanghai, China
2010-10-08

于 2010-10-8 5:38, Tom Jordahl 写道:
> Hi dilly,
>
> If you are interested in taking on a caretaker role for Axis 1.x, I can give you a hand.
>
> If you have changes (and tests!) that you want to check in to the trunk, I could do that
for you, then we can get you committer status so you could then do that on your own.

> Note that the tentative plan is to move Axis to the Attic, which means it is a 'functional
but retired' codebase.  But you could stop this if you have the time and energy to put in
to moving Axis to a (final?) 1.4.1 or 1.5 release.