axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew K Gatford <>
Subject Sandesha 2 test case failures.
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:45:00 GMT

I've been investigating the unit test failures for Sandesha2.
I've traced the problem to an Axis2 commit

Revision: 992877
Author: veithen
Date: 20:38:56, 05 September 2010
Attempt to solve both the CLOSE_WAIT issue and AXIS2-4751 on the trunk:
* Reverted r963710 (Jarek's second change for AXIS2-4751 on the trunk) to
get back to the correct baseline for merging r790721.
* Merged r790721 (CLOSE_WAIT issue) from the 1.5 branch back to the trunk.
This had never been done, presumably because it caused issues in Rampart
(that were actually due to a bug in Rampart, fixed in r992868).
* Merged r824340 (Another change to AbstractHTTPSender that Glen only
applied to the 1.5 branch) to the trunk.
* Merged r958718 (Jarek's original change for AXIS2-4751 on the 1.5
branch) to the trunk.

Modified :

The exact problem was caused by the change to AbstractHTTPSender.
The uncommenting of the line

               if (connManager == null) {
                    log.trace("Making new ConnectionManager");
                    connManager = new

                    //                          connManager);

I commented the line out again as above and the sandesha2 tests pass
This may require a change to the RMScenariosTest but need some advice on
what to do - or to comment out the line above again.

Any suggestions ?

Andrew Gatford
WebSphere Development Manager

IBM United Kingdom Limited,
MP211, Hursley Park, Winchester, SO21 2JN
Telephone :
Internal (7) 245743
External 01962 815743
Internet :