axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject [Axis2] Creation of the 1.6 branch
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:19:31 GMT
All,

I'm going to create a branch for the 1.6 release (with the current
HEAD of the trunk as the baseline). The first goal will be to
determine if we need any releases from upstream projects. I'm aware
that there are still ongoing discussions about what should and what
should not go into the 1.6 release. This is not an issue because we
can always change the baseline, i.e. remove changes from the 1.6
branch or merge additional changes from the trunk.

In order to keep the branch manageable, I would like to propose the
following guidelines (which proved effective for the 1.5.2 release):
* Changes should not be done directly to the 1.6 branch. Instead, they
should always be done to the trunk first and then merged to the branch
if necessary. Of course, exceptions are made for release specific
changes, e.g. changes required to make the branch compatible with
releases from upstream projects.
* Merges should only be done using a recent version of the svn command
line client, or another client that updates the svn:mergeinfo
properties. This is important to keep track of the changes that have
been merged to the branch.

Regards,

Andreas