axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sandesha 2 test case failures.
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:02:07 GMT
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:

> Gentlefolk:
>
> A few comments from me as well.
>
> 1) Clearly it was a serious oversight on my part not to have merged the
> 1.5.1
> code over to the trunk. :(
>
> 2) Aside from simply sharing the MHCM, there is another important change to
> the 1.5.1 (and now trunk) code, and that is to clean up, by default, the
> previous request for a given client each time sendReceive() is called -
> this
> allows the user to run up to two threads of many requests to the same host
> without manually calling cleanup, and without blocking or connection
> starvation.

if the MHCM is shared then users have to call cleanUpTransport method. These
kind of workarounds
won't solve the problem entirely. This may be the case with Sandesha.

> 3) The right solution, IMO, is not to simply go back to creating a new
> MHCM/HTTPClient for each request - the old code had resource leakage issues
> even when you switched on all the switches that people put in trying to fix
> problems prior to 1.5.1,

You need to explain this with proper details. For me (I may have miss
something) your fix
technically do the same thing as setting a shared MHCM using parameters.

> which is why the CLOSE_WAIT issues kept being
> reopened.  Resource leakage / failing to close connections correctly is a
> bug, plain and simple.
>
> 4) The current code certainly isn't ideal, and we should figure out how to
> make it cleaner/easier/better for 1.6.  I opened up a specific thread for
> this topic: http://markmail.org/thread/wfpsfpxm5kmhf7yx - can we continue
> the
> discussion there?

I think we have discussed every thing regarding above issue. Better thing is
to call a vote
to decide whether we need to make MHCM sharing by default or not.
if there are majority votes for that then we need to clean up the existing
code ( and adding creating a new
connection as an option). otherwise simply revert the patch.

thanks,
Amila.