axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sandesha 2 test case failures.
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 06:25:06 GMT
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 02:15, Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
> On 9/20/2010 2:52 PM, Andreas Veithen wrote:
>> The real issue is that by design (more precisely because of deferred
>> parsing of response messages), it is mandatory to call
>> TransportSender#cleanup(MessageContext) after processing a response.
>> When using a ServiceClient, this is done explicitly by a call to
>> ServiceClient#cleanupTransport() or implicitly when sending another
>> request. However, Rampart and Sandesha were lacking the necessary
>> invocations of cleanupTransport. For Rampart, I was able to locate the
>> problematic code and fixed the issue in r992868. I did an attempt to
>> fix the issue in Sandesha, but it looks like this is more complicated
>> than Rampart. So, we need somebody familiar with the Sandesha code to
>> determine where these calls are missing.
>
> I'm wondering if this isn't something to do with Sandesha opening up another
> (server) connection for ACKs and sharing the same ConfigurationContext with
> the client-side, therefore running into the default 2-connection limit on the
> shared connection manager.

That would mean that there is a valid scenario where two invocations
are blocked on the server side waiting for a third invocation. I don't
know the details of WS-RM, but this seems very unlikely to me.

> I haven't dug in detail into the problem yet
> either, but I wonder if manually setting a MultithreadedHTTPConnectionManager
> with a higher number of connections per host might help.  If so, we can work
> around this in Sandesha and then consider raising the default from 2 to maybe 6.

By increasing that value (which might indeed be a good idea for other
reasons) you will always be able to work around the issue. However,
you will probably miss an opportunity to fix a bug in Sandesha.