axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r992877 - in /axis/axis2/java/core/trunk: ./ modules/adb-codegen/test-resources/testsuite/ modules/adb-codegen/test/org/apache/axis2/schema/particlemaxoccurs/ modules/kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/jsr181/ modules/kernel/src/org/apache/a
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 07:47:02 GMT
On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I can argue the same with these changes. You can also set appropriate
> >> parameter to pass your own HttpConnectionManager with custom settings
> >> (e.g. pass SimpleHttpConnectionManager to effectively disable
> >> connection reuse or pass MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager with
> >> higher maxConnectionsPerHost setting, etc.).
> >
> > yes. But the idea of this commit is to fix the problem out of the box.
> Which
> > is still not the case.
>
> The key idea of these changes were to ensure that connection reuse is
> done properly (in thread safe way).

Can you please explain this problem with the code with revision 909680.

After that you have commit twice and Andreas has revert them and merge with
Axis2 1.5.

if there is a thread safe problem then we need to fix that. But what I am
saying is that
we should not do any other change unless it solves every thing out of the
box.

> The idea of connection reuse by
> default was a secondary thought. Connection reuse by default was
> enabled in the 1.5 branch (before any of my changes) but for whatever
> reason wasn't merged into trunk.

I think the reason is that there was not proper discussion on axis2-dev list
about this change and the
side effects it introduces.

thanks,
Amila