axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple soap Headers in axis2/axiom
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:37:01 GMT
A SOAP message can have at most one soap:Header element, but that
element can have any number of children. The getHeaders method in Axis
returns the children of soap:Header, while in Axis2, SOAPHeader
represents the soap:Header element itself. To add individual headers
(also called SOAPHeaderBlocks in Axiom), use the methods defined by
the SOAPHeader interface.

Andreas

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 00:12, Raymond Zhou <raywang999@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am moving from axis/java to axis2/java. I am encountering a few issues. One of them
has to do with soap headers in soap envelope.

> In axis/java, I used to do like this:
>
>    Vector headers = soapenvelope.getHeaders();
>
> This is to get all the soap headers (soap:header) from a soap envelope. But I noticed
that in axis2/java/AXIOM, this is NOT possible. It seems like always assume there is only
one soapHeader, so you can only do something like this:

>    SOAPHeader header = envelope.getHeader();
>
> My question is: Is this a known issue or it is the new restriction from specifications
(you can have only one soap headers)?