axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: FW: zones being moved to jails very soon
Date Sun, 15 Aug 2010 11:18:36 GMT
Forwarding this to java-dev@axis.apache.org because it will impact
some Axis2 subprojects, in particular Rampart.

Andreas

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andreas Veithen <andreas.veithen@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 13:15
Subject: Re: FW: zones being moved to jails very soon
To: private@ws.apache.org
Cc: "Gav..." <gavin@16degrees.com.au>, infrastructure-private@apache.org

I changed the builds of Axis2 core (trunk and 1.5 branch) as well as
Axis2 Transports so that they no longer depend on ws.zones.apache.org.
However, I had to change the version and/or groupId of some
dependencies so that they can be fetched from Maven central. This
means that if ws.zones.apache.org disappears, we won't have problems
with the upcoming releases, but we will still have problems with
previous releases. Also, Rampart depends on some OpenSAML artifacts
stored in the repository on ws.zones.apache.org. I didn't check
Sandesha.

To summarize: we no longer need the zone, but the ws.zones.apache.org
site needs to be preserved. Is http://ws.zones.apache.org/ served from
an HTTP server installed in the zone, and if yes, it is possible to
move that to another HTTP server with a virtual host named
ws.zones.apache.org?

Andreas

>>> private@httpd.apache.org; private@maven.apache.org;
>>> private@myfaces.apache.org; private@portals.apache.org;