axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From William Walsh <WWa...@curamsoftware.com>
Subject Question on EJB receiver code and WebLogic
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 23:11:05 GMT
Hi,

We found that we had problems integrating Axis2 with WebLogic in that we couldn't re-use any
of the EJB receiver code apparently because the security established at InitialContext creation
(org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.ejb.EJBUtil) was then lost when org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.ejb.EJBUtil.EJBClientWorker
invoked its run method in a separate thread for the EJB service, causing a WebLogic security
error invoking the service.  We checked with Oracle and they feel it's most likely that the
separate threads are the cause as WLS doesn't pass/propagate subjects across threads.  Thus
the second thread that does the actual invocation of the service doesn't have the authentication
done in the first thread when the InitialContext is created, which is successfully validated
by our login module.

We coded our own receiver to avoid this additional threading-essentially duplicating the Axis2
functionality; but was wondering if this is possibly a bug or if I'm misunderstanding something
on the Axis2 side?  I've been told that for EJB environments that threading should not be
 used, leaving it to the container environment to manage.

Thanks,
William