axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Split packages issue (AXIS2-4311)
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 19:13:22 GMT
Hi devs,

I think we should have a look at AXIS2-4311 and see if and how we can
fix that for the 1.6 release.

I had a quick lock at the different packages and here are my
preliminary conclusions:

* org.apache.axis2.util in axis2-adb only contains a single utility
class --> should not cause much trouble to move it elsewhere
* org.apache.axis2.transport.jms is no longer in axis2-kernel.
* org.apache.axis2.transport.http in axis2-kernel mainly contains the
standard MessageFormatter implementations. Obviously the package name
is no longer appropriate for this and it would make sense to move
these classes. However, this means that users need to change their
axis2.xml file. Note that cleaning this up would also be a good
opportunity to move the non standard message builders/formatters from
the transports project to the core Axis2 project, as discussed back in
december 2008 [1] [2].

Thoughts?

Andreas

[1] http://markmail.org/message/fgtbr6tzpfemlery