axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <>
Subject Re: Axis2-Spring integration
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 06:42:54 GMT
On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Andreas Veithen

> One last message with java-user in copy: I've created a page on our
> brand new Wiki:
> Please feel free to edit and add your ideas.

Thanks Andreas for creating the wiki an initiating the this work.

Let me put my view and suggestion first before directly editing the wiki.

Here the term Axi2 is embeded inside the spring can be elaborated as Axis2
users spring beans initialised by the spring framework rather than
initialising itself. In otherwords it acks as another plugin[1] to spring

 Why this is important? Indikas' question gives the answer. Spring beans
have all the features available with the spring container and additionally
webservice support.

We can do this by using existing axis2-spring support by using
but the configuration is done by using same axis2 xml files.

The proposed project let users to do that as spring configuration files as
well. But still transports, modules and all manged by Axis2 runtime.

So I suggest first paragraph should some thing like this.

The goal is to provide Spring integration for Axis2 in scenarios where Axis2
is embedded inside Spring (i.e. where the Axis2 runtime uses the spring
beans initialized by the Spring container) while keeping the configuration
also witin the spring beans. This is different from the scenario supported
by the existing axis2-spring module, which addresses the scenario of
implementing a service using Spring, while all the configurations are done
using axis2 xml files and initialize the spring beans by itself.

I am not still clear about the stanalone mode. If we assume that as letting
someone to start the simple axis2 server
with a spring bean support configuration (i.e configurations in axis2.xml
services.xml) this is not related to the orignal goal.