axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject [Important] Build is unstable
Date Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:51:18 GMT
All,

There are currently multiple issues with the build from trunk:

1. An out of memory condition as reported by Katherine Sanders in
AXIS2-4691. I was able to reproduce this on a Windows virtual machine,
but also to work around this by increasing the heap size allocated to
Maven (which seems to contradict Katherine's findings). Probably this
issue is not related to a specific commit.

2. r937071 causes test failures in jaxws-integration, as detected by Hudson.

3. Even after increasing the heap size and locally reverting r937071,
I still get a build failure in the integration module:

Test set: org.apache.axis2.deployment.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilderTest
Tests run: 5, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.625
sec <<< FAILURE!
testVersion(org.apache.axis2.deployment.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilderTest)
 Time elapsed: 1.11 sec  <<< FAILURE!
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: org.custommonkey.xmlunit.Diff
[different] Expected attribute value 'getVersion' but was 'parameters'
- comparing <mime:content part="getVersion"...> at
/definitions[1]/binding[3]/operation[1]/input[1]/content[1]/@part to
<mime:content part="parameters"...> at
/definitions[1]/binding[3]/operation[1]/input[1]/content[1]/@part

	at org.custommonkey.xmlunit.XMLAssert.assertXMLEqual(XMLAssert.java:125)
	at org.custommonkey.xmlunit.XMLAssert.assertXMLEqual(XMLAssert.java:255)
	at org.custommonkey.xmlunit.XMLAssert.assertXMLEqual(XMLAssert.java:200)
	at org.custommonkey.xmlunit.XMLTestCase.assertXMLEqual(XMLTestCase.java:235)
	at org.apache.axis2.deployment.WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilderTest.testVersion(WSDL11ToAxisServiceBuilderTest.java:57)

This is probably caused by r937436 (to be confirmed).

I will temporarily revert the commits that cause build failures (and
reopen the corresponding JIRAs where applicable), so that we can get
back to a stable baseline.

Some reminders:
* You are supposed to run the build locally before checking changes
into SVN. Of course, sometimes problems are environment specific and
not caught at this stage.
* We have continuous integration (Hudson) in place for Axis2. See [1].
Unfortunately notifications to the mailing list don't work yet, but
you might want to check manually.
* It is possible to cleanly rollback a commit using "svn merge -c
-XXXXXX . ." where XXXXXX is the revision number of the commit. It can
later be reapplied using "svn merge -c XXXXXX . ." or "svn merge -c
-YYYYYY . ." where YYYYYY is the revision number of the commit where
the rollback happened.

Andreas

[1] http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/Axis2/job/Axis2/