axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC Project Proposal] Distributed TCP Monitor
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 03:01:23 GMT
On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Samisa Abeysinghe <
samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 7:12 AM, Srinath Perera <hemapani@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi nilupa;
>>
>> IMO this thread has more than one concept. Initially, the version I
>> discussed with you is more of a message monitoring tool, which allow
>> an user to see which message goes through where in the system. It is
>> purely used for debugging services only, and a actually it distributed
>> TCP monitor that helps people debug their distributed application.
>> Features I had in my mind was to
>>
>> 1. Ability to turn on/off message interception
>> 2. When tuned on, it show the system in a UI and let me see all
>> messages went through each link I selected.
>> 3. If messages have a some ID that identify a message sequence, it
>> should let me select a message and find sequence that generated/ lead
>> to that message.
>>
>> Basically, as I mentioned before, it is debugging tool and not a
>> monitoring tool.
>>

> If it is a debugging tool, that is going to be useful.

And I think, it would be useful to list out the features it supports.

I would also personally prefer some additions to the existing TCPMon where
we can add plain text display of secure messages. However, I know that it is
complicated, as the middle man is not supposed to change the ttl and the
like in WS Security.

Samisa...