axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Heusinger, Marcel" <marcel.heusin...@uni-due.de>
Subject AW: Apache mentoring programme
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 21:36:18 GMT
>Two quick questions about your proposal:
>
>- Axis2 supports several binding styles. There is the classic code
>generator (wsdl2java) that supports different data bindings (the
>default ADB, xmlbeans, JIBX,...), but there is also support for JAX-WS
>artifacts generated by wsimport (which is not part of Axis2, but that
>comes from Sun's JAX-WS reference implementation). What would be the
>scope of this project?
>- Can you give an example of how an annotated XML schema element would
>look like? That would give us a better understanding of the ideas you
>have in mind.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Andreas

First of all thanks for your reply. To answer your first question, I had
the idea while generating proxies with java2wsdl using its default
binding adb. As I haven't tried out the other bindings yet, I would
limit to this combination for the moment. Althought I haven't worked out
every detail of the mapping, I have something on my mind like the
following:

<description xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl"
xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/terms/" ...>
  <types>
    <xs:schema ...
      <xs:element name="request" type="xs:string">
        <xs:annotation>
          <xs:appinfo xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/terms/">
	      <dc:description>This parameter represents
...</dc:description>
          </xs:appinfo>
        </xs:annotation>
      </xs:element>

      <xs:element name="response" type="xs:string">
        <xs:annotation>
          <xs:appinfo xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/terms/">
            <dc:description>This will be returned ...</dc:description>
          </xs:appinfo>
        </xs:annotation>
      </xs:element>

      <xs:element name="simpleError" type="xs:string">
        <xs:annotation>
          <xs:appinfo xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/terms/">
            <dc:description>Thrown if ...</dc:description>
          </xs:appinfo>
        </xs:annotation>
      </xs:element>
    </xs:schema>
  </types>

  <interface name="webServiceInterface" >

    	<fault name="simpleFault"
            element="simpleError" />

    	<operation
            name="SimpleOperation"
            pattern="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/in-out"
            style="http://www.3w.org/ns/wsdl/style/iri"
            wsdlx:safe="true">

            <input
                messageLabel="In"
                element="request" />

            <out
            	messageLabel="Out"
            	element="response" />

            <outfault
                ref="simpleFault"
                messageLabel="Out" />

            <documentation>
              <dc:description>This is the method's description ...
</dc:description>
              <dc:creator>Developer</dc:creator>
              <dc:relation>AnotherOperation</dc:relation>
            </ documentation >
      </operation>

      <operation
            name="AnotherOperation"
            pattern="http://www.w3.org/ns/wsdl/in-out" ...

</description>

The proxy's method should be annotated like the following:

/**
 * This is the method's description ...
 * @param request This parameter represents ...
 * @return This will be returned ...
 * @see AnotherOperation
 * @throws SimpleFault Thrown if ...
 * @author Developer
public Response SimpleOperation (Request ...
}

Hope that I could explain what I intended with my proposal by providing
this simplified example, which has to be worked out in more detail of
course.
Thanks.
Marcel