axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Isuru Suriarachchi <isur...@gmail.com>
Subject Making JAX-WS services configurable (with a services.xml or Axis2 specific annotations)
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 11:04:32 GMT
Hi all,

Andreas has already reported an issue [1] regarding the inability to
configure JAX-WS services. That is because we've removed support for a
services.xml. But there are many use cases where the user should be able to
configure the service according to his requirements. Following are some of
the very common examples.

[1] Ability to deploy JAX-WS services in different scopes (session,
application etc.)
[2] Ability to set ServiceTCCL
[3] Ability to specify service parameters

In order to support these use cases, we have to support service
customizations somehow. If allowing a services.xml file is not a proper
solution, I think defining Axis2 specific annotations whould be a good
solution for this issue.

WDYT?..

Thanks,
~Isuru