axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making JAX-WS services configurable (with a services.xml or Axis2 specific annotations)
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 12:09:58 GMT
I also created a proof-of-concept [1] that shows the feasibility of
the services.xml based approach that I suggested in AXIS2-4611. It
implements a custom deployer that is based on ServiceDeployer, but
replaces the code that builds the initial AxisService object from the
WSDL by code that uses
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.description.DescriptionFactory. Of course this
introduces massive code duplication and is thus only valid as a
proof-of-concept. To do this properly, it would be necessary to modify
ServiceDeployer to create some sort of extension point that allows
JAX-WS to supply the initial AxisService description.

Andreas

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/axis/axis2/java/core/scratch/java/veithen/AXIS2-4611/