axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From <Matthias.Gai...@t-systems.com>
Subject Jar/Mar files in temp directory are not getting deleted
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 08:18:53 GMT
Hi all,

I repost this message in the dev list, since I think this is more a bug
than a misunderstanding. But please correct me if I am wrong.

After using Axis2 for about a year, I have discovered that Axis2 creates
a lot of temporary jar/mar/aar copies on my temp folder. That way in the
last 7 months 1256 folders with 18722 files were created which now use
about 4GB of my disk space. It seems to me that every time I restart my
Tomcat the files are generated again.

I have read now in several older posts that others also have the
problem. I understand that Axis2 generates these temp files for
performance reasons, but why does it not  delete them afterwards? Is
this fixed in the current Axis version?

I am using Axis2 version 1.5.

Hoping for help,

Matthias