axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC proposal ] Integration of Axis2 with Free Pastry
Date Mon, 22 Mar 2010 04:40:14 GMT
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 1:18 PM, shelan Perera <shelanrc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> After the integration with free pastry Axis2 can derive benefits such as,
>
> *fault tolerance in the network /robustness
> *Scalability
> *Recoverability  etc.
>
> In the design of the integration there is a major consideration on how a
> client can discover services available in the network and access them using
> an EPR (here the EPR should be matched to a nodeID).
>
> So i am thinking of a distributed registry service where a newly joined
> client can discover the available services.(This may be a distributed hash
> table where node ids and keys are stored in the ring).

First of all you need to learn about the Axis2 transports api and Axis2
client API.
Then you should try sending a message from one node and getting that message
from the other one. Here you need to define an EPR format to address the
Pastry nodes.

Then you can try out a scenarios like discovery and fault tolerance.

thanks,
Amila.

--
Amila Suriarachchi