axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From nilupa bandara <>
Subject [GSoC Project Proposal] Distributed TCP Monitor
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:03:39 GMT

I am graduate student at Politecnica de Madrid and I am thinking of
proposing a GSoC project this summer. I would like to take project
"Distribute TCP Monitor" descried[1] which is very interesting and
also should be helpful to any Java developer using Apache Axis2 Web
services middleware. I will submit more detailed proposal later. I
would really like to hear any feedback from you. Any suggestions or
features that you would like to see in a "Distributed TCP Monitor" are
most welcome.

Best Regards,
Nilupa Bandara

Distributed TCP monitor

To use TCP monitor we have to tweak the endpoints, which is bit hard
sometimes (e.g. two channels Async case for Axis2). We can solve the
problem by writing a Axis2 module (Handler) that intercept messages
comes in and goes out of a Axis2 server and send to a UI (via a
pub/sub channel or a message Box e.g. ) or record them so user can
pull those messages. Also, we can do something to turn the module on
and off remotely, so users can have his module deployed, but turn it
on only when they want to debug the system.

Then we can take this to next level by adding this module to all
services in a system , configuring modules to send all collected
messages to a pub/sub channel, and subscribing to those messages via a
UI, and depicting those messages through a UI. Then users have a
TCPMon for a whole system.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message