axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ruwan Linton <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ability to have hidden services on Axis2
Date Sat, 20 Feb 2010 15:28:26 GMT
On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 8:44 PM, Deepal jayasinghe <deepalk@gmail.com>wrote:

> Ruwan Linton wrote:
> > No those are normal services,
> You are contradicting yourself.

Nope, I am not. Administrator services can exists as aar services, jar
service and osgi bundle based services.

> acting as admin services, to provide the server administration
> > framework. This cannot be solve with a deployer.
> of course you can, sometimes administrator services needs additional
> paramters than normal service, for example if you do not want to display
> them under list services, then you can customize them using the custom
> deployer.

AFAIK, in-order to do this, we need to at least put these services into a
different directory or has to have a different extension, please see my
above comment. They are normal aar, jar services which provides some server
administration operations.

> > Also I don't see this as a hack.
> Either way I have no problem, but I see long term advantage of having
> separate deployer for admin service, I bet you that you will soon have
> some other additional requirements.

Hhhmm, for now it is just this... and I don't see any near future
requirements, so I would add this param check before the INFO log, which
will have no harm at all.

Thanks,
Ruwan

--