axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Michail Prusakov <michail.prusa...@jmsys.lt>
Subject Re: [Axis2] making minOccurs=1 by default for wsdl generated with POJO
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 06:59:02 GMT
I am sorry I've missed the discussion, but why have you made minOccurs=1
for null non-primitives? As far as I see it, if a value is null the wsdl
should allow passing it as nill or not passing it at all because:
1) two ways of saying something is null means better interoperability as
if a client does not support one way, it can use the other. I believe
.NET 1.x clients are good example of this.
2) by omitting a value we can make the soap message smaller and thus
increase performance.

Mike