axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dunith Dhanushka <>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Implementing Stomp transport for Axis2
Date Fri, 25 Dec 2009 17:44:07 GMT
Hi folks,

Many thanks in advance for your feedback Dr. Sanjiva.

This is regarding the *StompMessageReceiver. *Actually this not a kind of
any ordinary *MessageReceivers* in the Axis2 core ( unlike
RawXMLINOnlyMessageReceiver and  RPCMessageReceiver). StompMessageReceiver
is a listener or a thread that is waiting for a incoming Stomp packet from
the broker. I'll rename it as *StompPacketListener*.

In order to facilitate multiple brokers, there can be several
StompPacketListener instances and they all share a same worker thread pool
which is initialized by the StompListener. When a packet is arrived from a
particular broker, it will be dispatched by the appropriate *

I delegated the message formatting and building responsibility to the *
StompPacketListener* so that I could eliminate the need of a message
formatter and builder.

For a understanding about this transport, I published a blog post
illustrating the component architecture. You can visit there using

Currently, I've finished coding the transport and running tests on it. I
like to contribute my code into Axis2 code base. But I have no idea about
how to do it and what are the procedures I should follow.

I appreciate your feedback on this.

Dunith Dhanuhska

View raw message