axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Yashwanth" <yraja...@cisco.com>
Subject Is it possible to call a non-existent service action?
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 07:17:14 GMT
Hi All:

I have a fundamental question that came up as we did robustness tests.

Is it possible to call a non-existent service action? (i.e., is it possible
to call an action that is not available on the other Axis2 env)?

If it is possible then:

1.       Can someone tell what happens if we have engaged handlers (inflow,
outflow, faultInFlow and faultOutFlow) at both the calling end and called
end? Would SOAPFault propagate through faultHandlers ?

2.       Would the calling end not be able to find out that a call is being
made to a non-existent action and report the error without having to hit the
other Axis2 environment where that web service is deployed.

Thanks, Yash