axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Pétur Runólfsson <pe...@betware.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] [axis2] Release Axis2 1.5.1 (take 2)
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:27:14 GMT
Hi,

May I suggest that http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4350 be fixed before the release?

The effect of this bug is that web services that use ADB and use a wsdl provided by the user
(not generated on the server) simply don't work at all. The fix is simple, and can be found
in a comment on the issue.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4471 seems to be a duplicate of this bug.

Regards,

Pétur Runólfsson
From: Glen Daniels [glen@thoughtcraft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 13:36
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] [axis2] Release Axis2 1.5.1 (take 2)

Ping!  Please VOTE... or comment?

--G

Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi Axis Developers,
>
> After fixing the documentation and a few other small issues since the last
> attempt at 1.5.1, I think we're ready to try again.  I've also addressed the
> "forced build of Axiom" issue with the CLOSE_WAIT fix - we now by default
> clean up the last operation context each time we build a new one inside
> ServiceClient.
>
> While there may still be a few things we need to address (still waiting for
> transports / Rampart / Sandesha for instance), I think it's important to get
> this out ASAP since there were clearly some serious issues with 1.5 -
> including the failed JavaDoc build and the persistent CLOSE_WAIT issues that
> are fixed in 1.5.1.
>
> As a reminder, fixes include:
>
>     *  Fix for the dreaded "CLOSE_WAIT" problem (JIRA issues 935, 2883, etc).
> We now share an instance of HTTPClient across each ConfigurationContext (i.e.
> each Axis2 server or ServiceClient) - connection reuse is now automatic. This
> means the REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT flag is no longer necessary or useful, nor is
> creating your own MultithreadedHttpConnectionManager.
>     * Transport deployer is now actually functional, and getListenerManager()
> in ConfigurationContext now creates a new LM if there isn't one already.
>     * Fix for AXIS2-4034, module versions now support real versions like "1.5.1"
>     * NPE problem (see AXIS2-4114) fixed in MessageContext while retrieving
> policy.
>     * Fix for JavaDoc build problem.
>
> I'd like to kick off a VOTE for the release, with the usual 72-hour window
> for votes.
>
> You can find the distribution files in here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~gdaniels/stagingRepo/org/apache/axis2/distribution/1.5.1/
>
> And the M2 repository with everything is at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~gdaniels/stagingRepo
>
> The SVN tag is:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/axis2/tags/java/v1.5.1RC2
>
> ...and I'll add a proper "v1.5.1" tag as soon as this release goes final.
>
> Please offer your VOTE (and indicate binding/non-binding).
>
> Here's my +1 (binding).
>
> Many thanks,
> --Glen

The content of this e-mail, together with any of its attachments, is for the exclusive and
confidential use of the named addressee(s) and it may contain legally privileged and confidential
information and/or copyrighted material. Any other distribution, use or reproduction without
the sender's prior consent is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you have by coincidence,
mistake or without specific authorization received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by e-mail immediately, uphold strict confidentiality and neither read, copy, transfer,
disseminate, disclose nor otherwise make use of its content in any way and delete the material
from your computer.

The content of the e-mail and its attachments is the liability of the individual sender, if
it does not relate to the affairs of Betware.
Betware does not assume any civil or criminal liability should the e-mail or it´s attachments
be virus infected.