axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <tjord...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Axis2 1.5.1 - final vote (I hope :) )
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 14:57:08 GMT
+1 (binding) with the following observation/bug:

The README.txt in the bin distro has the instructions for bootstrapping the maven plugins
but the README-std-src.txt in the source distro does NOT have these instructions, which is
bad.  The other thing that is bad is there is no build.xml in the top level to perform option
1, so you have to do option 2.

IMPORTANT: the *first* time you build a given version of Axis2, you will not
be able to do a regular "mvn install" from the top level - this is because
we have a couple of custom Maven plugins that (due to some dependency-
resolution issues in Maven) must be built and installed in your local
repository before a build will succeed.  This means you need to do one
of the following:

  1) Use ant (http://ant.apache.org) to build the first time.  There is
     a build.xml at the top level which automatically builds the plugins
     first and then runs a regular "mvn install".

  2) Manually "mvn install" both of the plugins in the following places:

     modules/tool/axis2-mar-maven-plugin
     modules/tool/axis2-aar-maven-plugin

Tom Jordahl