axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Hiranya Jayathilaka <hiranya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please revert API changes done as per AXIS2-4465
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:21:06 GMT
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Senaka Fernando <senaka@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> Just wondering what you are trying to achieve here. Is this related to auto
> detection of ports as Hiranya pointed out? While I appreciate the effort
> you've put into doing something worthwhile, I believe that getting rid of a
> public method in a class is not the correct thing to do. I believe that what
> you have done here is the addition of a new portion of code. Can we make the
> new portion of code optional?

+1. If we can do that that would be great. Currently the new bit of code
(related to port auto detection) is sort of compulsory since it is at the
end of the preprocessRequest method. The end result is if the HTTP transport
receivers being employed are not instances of AxisServletListerner the
servlet will reject incoming requests by throwing an exception.

Thanks,
Hiranya

Hiranya Jayathilaka
Software Engineer;