axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Just - RÖPERWEISE Systems <j...@roeperweise.de>
Subject [Axis2] JABRI: Multiple JAXBContext creation
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 08:13:18 GMT
Hi!

I already posted to some old issues but I guess no one is listening on
these fixed issues (AXIS2-1436).

I use the lastest Axis2 1.5 release with JAXB databinding and wsdl2java for
class generation.
The generated classes work, but each operation/class has it's own
JAXBContext object.
According to [1] this isn't nessassary anymore in JAXB2.0.
A single JAXBContext per application is the prefered way.

So I modified the XSLT template in jaxbri-1.5.jar (which als solves
AXIS2-4042).
This new template generates just one JAXBContext per MessageReceiverInOut
class.

Are there any problems with this approach?
Should I send someone this changed XSLT to get it into the next Axis
release?
Should I attach it to some (existing or new) issuse in Axis' jira?

In our project (midsize) I could free 70MB of RAM and a decrease of startup
time by 5 seconds with this change.

Best regards,
Sebastian

[1] https://jaxb.dev.java.net/guide/Performance_and_thread_safety.html