axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Axis2 Deployer behaviour on hot update
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 11:39:55 GMT
Afkham Azeez wrote:
> Simply deactivating-redeploying-activating is not the ideal solution.
> It should be;
>
> maintenace-mode(service_foo)->redeploy(service_foo)->normal-mode(service_foo)
>
> In maintenance mode, a service will not accept new requests, but will
> complete servicing existing requests. So, there is a difference
> between deactivating a service & putting it into maintenance-mode,
> unless deactivated services will complete the requests being processed.
I may be wrong, anyway FYI this is what activate, de-activate does. In
my case what I did was

servicefoo.setActive(false)->redeploy(foo)-->servicefoo.setActive(true).

"In AxisService you have a method called activate/inactivate, when you
inactive a service system does not take any more request to that service
(will throw an exception saying service not found) and will process all
the current messages."

Again, I did a very simple day to day approach, where I tried to fulfill
my goal with the resource I have, so that might not be the ideal approach.

Thanks,
Deepa