axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ruwan Linton <ruwan.lin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Charith Dhanushka Wickramarachchi as a commiter
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 05:11:05 GMT
Hi,

First of all do not high jack the Vote thread.... if you want a debate on
the professionals on the two projects lets discuss that on a separate
thread.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 10:11 AM, nickar <nickaj83@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm a Axis2 user, I'm wonder with this mail and  getting doubt about
> quality
> of the project ? AFAIK Apache always keep good quality with high
> performance
> with their projects but I'm not sure Axis2 try to keep that policy or try
> loose it ?

Is this from a user perspective or a developer perspective?

> It seems like Axis2 becoming a project maintaining by set of people elected
> based on some other criteria instead of the Apache way.If a student can be
> commiter by providing patches for one issue plus very few number of mailing
> list hits like this  what it will implies to us ?

If the contribution is a considerable amount of work it doesn't matter
whether it is a single issue or not... this is an enhancement issue which
implements a full SMS transport for axis2 it is a complete transports
module.

> BTW fortunately there are some other WS projects to move , like CXF with
> the
> Apcahe brand also that maintained by good professionals :)

I see... It is good that the users have a choice so it is up to the users to
figure out the best product among the two after evaluating both. Users will
always take the right decision :-)

Finally,

+1 for Charith. I hope he will be managing/improving the SMS transport in
the future as well.

Thanks,
Ruwan