axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] Any plans for WSDL2Java to generate services.xml including WS-Policy?
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:01:00 GMT
Amila Suriarachchi wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 5:20 AM, Dennis Sosnoski <dms@sosnoski.com
> <mailto:dms@sosnoski.com>> wrote:
>
>     The WSDL2Java codegen for server-side deployment appears to ignore
>     any WS-Policy information in the WSDL (unlike the client-side code
>     generation, which builds code to attach the policy information to
>     the appropriate description components). Are there any plans to
>     include WS-Policy information in the generated services.xml so
>     that users starting from WSDL won't need to add this manually?
>

> When generating the code for server side it adds the wsdl to the
> service archive. Therefore at the deployment time Axis2 builds the
> Axis object structure using the given wsdl and hence Axis2 object
> structure contains the polices.
> Isn't this work for you? But I think you need to add the rampart
> specific polices (keystore, passwords) to service.xml.

Ah, I hadn't realized this was how it was supposed to work. The Rampart
examples all seem to take the approach of adding both the standard
policy and the Rampart configuration to the services.xml. Thanks for the
clarification!

I'll try my examples with this in mind and see if there are any problems.

  - Dennis