axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <tjord...@adobe.com>
Subject RE: Multi-Argument Constructors WSDL2Java Axis1 and Axis2‏
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:19:10 GMT
I believe that I added a change to the Axis 1.x trunk to stop WSDL2Java from emitting a multi-argument
constructor when the number of arguments reaches the Java limit of 255.

Not sure what version of Axis 1.x you are using, but you should be able to check the JavaBeanWriter
class for the change that fixes this.  I checked this in Feb-2007:

See http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=512459

Log:
Do not write constructors for JavaBeans that have more than
254 arguments as Java will not compile these classes.
Have to love Amazon.com web services.

Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: w smith [mailto:wsmithmisc@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 12:27 AM
To: axis-dev@ws.apache.org
Subject: Multi-Argument Constructors WSDL2Java Axis1 and Axis2‏

WSDL2Java in Axis1 generates multi-argument constructors by default, WSDL2Java
in Axis2 does not.

Can an option be added to Axis1 and Axis2 to control this behavior?

In general the multi-argument constructor are OK but with something like
Salesforce.com enterprise's WSDL, an Object can have 500 custom fields which means
a 500 argument constructor.

Java cannot compile a constructor/method with over 255 arguments which means the
developer has to manually comment out these constructors.

Is there already an option to not generate multi-argument constructors with Axis1?

Thanks