axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject [Axis2] Rampart performance - always expands OM?
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:53:56 GMT
In running performance tests with Rampart I've found that just having
the Rampart module engaged on the client appears to cause the OM to be
expanded for every message, even if no WS-Security processing is
required. This results in a major performance hit. The whole point of
AXIOM is supposed to be to avoid doing this kind of unnecessary
expansion, and there's no reason for the OM to be expanded unless the
SOAP:Body is being signed or encrypted.

I thought I'd seen some reference to this in the past, but I assumed
it'd been corrected. I don't see anything in Jira that looks relevant.
Is this a known issue?

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski