axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeudy, Guillaume" <gje...@teksystems.com>
Subject Axis2 commons-httpclient 3.1 dependencies
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:56:31 GMT
Hi,

I'm considering upgrading axis2 to use the new httpclient 4.0 in conjunction with jcifs library
in order to support HTTP NTLMv2 connections. I need feedback from axis2 contributors/developers.

Please confirm what steps I should take to achieve that.

1. Implement a new TransportSender using httpclient 4.0. I'm hoping I can base my code on
the existing CommonsHTTPTransportSender and port it to use httpclient 4.0.

2. Modify axis2.xml to use my new TransportSender.

Can anyone tell me if there are any hidden runtime dependencies I should be aware of? Based
on the axis2 source code analysis I made; it seems like httpclient 3.1 is only used in CommonsHTTPTransportSender
class and that class can be completely ignored at runtime if axis2.xml is not configured to
use it, please correct me if i'm wrong.

Thank you!
-Guillaume Jeudy

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged,
confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended
recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its contents (including
any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email so that
we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any
attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.