axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Pradeep Fernando <pradee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using Axiom instead of DOM in ServiceClient.
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:10:23 GMT
Hi devs,

@ sagara,

try{
>      WSDLFactory factory = WSDLFactory.newInstance();
>      WSDLReader reader = factory.newWSDLReader();
>      reader.setFeature(ReaderFeatures.VALIDATION_FEATURE_ID, true);
>      Description descComp = reader.readWSDL(wsdlLoc);
>     }

yes, I got your point. This implementation of course avoid serialization.
but since reader reads the WSDL
from a URL it can be more costly than serialization at times. e.g : getting
a WSDL through network may cause
some latency.So why we cant work using the already acquired copy of the
WSDL. correct me if i am wrong.

@ Andreas,

Both WSDL4J and Woden support DOM, so the obvious solution is to parse
> the WSDL as DOM, check the namespace and then dispatch to WSDL4J or
> Woden. The only problem is that WSDL20ToAxisServiceBuilder only
> supports URLs and input streams, not DOM documents. That could be
> easily changed, so that it is no longer required to parse the WSDL
> twice.

ok , I have misunderstood your suggestion last time. sorry for that.  I too
think that this is the best way to
do this. But not aware of the details regarding wooden.I'll work on this &
modify the Serviceclient and submit the patch.

Thanks for your valuable comments & suggetions,

cheers,
Pradeep Fernando.