axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <>
Subject Re: Releasing transports 1.0 - dependency resolutions
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:29:41 GMT
If transports is using these Axis2 interfaces I don't see the point of
having it as a separate project. I thought the reason for moving
transports outside of Axis2 was to allow it to be used for other
purposes. How is that going to work if the code is assuming the Axis2

The only clean solution is to have transports define whatever interfaces
it needs. The Axis2 versions can then extend the transports versions.

  - Dennis

Glen Daniels wrote:
> Hi folks:
> So I'm trying to get the transports 1.0 releases moving along, and have run
> into a bit of a snag.  The transports depend on axis2-kernel SNAPSHOT, for
> interfaces like MessageContext, Flow, etc. - the problem is how do we do the
> release when we want to release the transports before the actual Axis2
> release?  We need to resolve all the SNAPSHOT dependencies for the Maven
> release plugin to be happy, and for this case, we seem to have a circular
> dependency chain. :(
> A couple of options off the top of my head:
> * Release transports against Axis2 1.4.1's kernel - this may not even be
> possible as there may have been incompatible changes.
> * Do a Maven-only release of Axis2-kernel 1.5 - i.e. NOT a distribution but
> just a release into Maven.  Then use that for the Transports 1.0 releases,
> and then release the Axis2 1.5 distribution after that.
> Moving forward, anyone have thoughts on how to best deal with this?  One of
> these options, or something else?
> Thanks,
> --Glen

View raw message