axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Axis2 doesn't play nice with PFP (payflow, paypal)
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:00:40 GMT
Hi Grover
> Before answering your questions, I will add a new development:
> yesterday we switched our soap communication method to use Axis 1.4
> (Axis 1) instead of Axis2 1.4.1.  Making this change did resolve the
> issue and PFP does not break Axis 1 communication.  At this point we
> are satisfied with this solution and have decided to move forward with
> Axis 1.
Thats good to hear!

> One other thing I should mention is that the soap server we are using
> Axis to communicate with requires basic authentication to connect, so
> simple telnet commands do get connection refused.

Hmm.. that should not happen, since a basic auth failure (which has a
HTTP response) is different from a connection refused - which means that
the remote host did not accept the message over the selected port.

> However, ngrep does show packets going to and from xyz.com when
> attempting the telnet connection, even when we are in the broken
> communication state.

I am not much familiar with ngrep.. but if communication takes place,
that means you have network level connectivity. What would be
interesting to see is the output of tcpdump for the manual telnet vs the
Axis2 connection attempt.. anyway, leave that to the next time you want
to revisit Axis2

cheers
asankha

--