axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sameera Jayasoma" <sameera.madus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Axis2 Java with OSGi - some help appreciated
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 05:41:48 GMT
Yeah I also agree with the point "DynamicImport-Package: * is pretty evil".
You cannot get some of the benefits of OSGi. But if you are working with
Axis2-1.4.1, and you need your bundles work properly in other OSGi framework
implemetations, you may have to use it at some point.

Another solutions would be to implement a layer on top of Axis2, which
handles all these dynamic configurations.  We have done this kind of an
implementation in WSO2 Carbon to add deployers dynamically, without putting
deployer entries in Axis2.xml. These deployers are in seperate bundles. When
the bundle is activated, it registers Deployer service with required service
properties. Then the correspoinding service listener adds the deployer.

--
Sameera

--
Sameera