axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Wesley Mesquita" <wesleymesqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Is there any workaround over invalid character in responses?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:09:51 GMT
Hi all,

I am having troubles with the the exception:

org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Invalid
UTF-8
 middle byte 0x64 (at char #538, byte #127)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.jav
a:239)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.buildNext(OMElementImpl.j
ava:552)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.getFirstOMChild(OMElement
Impl.java:563)
        at
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.getFirstElement(OMElement
Impl.java:823)
        at
org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.llom.SOAPBodyImpl.hasFault(SOAPBodyImpl.ja
va:89)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(
OutInAxisOperation.java:340)

Using axis2-1.3 with stubs generated by eclipse wtp.

So, we think there is just one character in the responses that is not UTF-8
(ã, very commom in portuguese), but we don´t have much to do on the server
side (just send reports). This is breaking other tests with the application,
so would very intersting to  workaround this for now.

I tried a lot of things, read a lot of mailing lists, but nothing has
worked.

I have been trying to convert non-UTF-8 chars to some kind of garbage just
do complete the trasaction, but did not word. We only can see the data in
the SOAP envelope using sniffers;

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Wesley Mesquita