axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Andreas Veithen" <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comments about the new UnknownContentBuilder (AXIS2-4153)
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:53:49 GMT
Moving this stuff to Axis2 is something I wanted to propose anyway.
The reason is that it also defines a couple of extension interfaces
that can be optionally implemented by message builders and formatters:

* MessageFormatterEx: Adds a method to get the content of the message
as a DataSource (useful for the mail transport).
* TextMessageBuilder: Defines methods to build a message from a
java.io.Reader or String (used to handle JMS TextMessages).
ApplicationXMLBuilder and SOAPBuilder should be enhanced to implement
this.
* There should also be a TextMessageFormatter, but this is not yet implemented.

Questions are:

* While TextMessageBuilder and TextMessageFormatter should clearly
remain optional (i.e. they would only be implemented by builders and
formatters that deal with text content), MessageFormatterEx could also
be merged into MessageFormatter. The additional getDataSource method
can easily be implemented (message formatters are already required to
return byte[], so returning a DataSource is not difficult). However
this would break existing MessageFormatter implementations outside of
Axis2. What do you think?
* Is this in scope for Axis2 1.5?

Andreas