axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <>
Subject Re: MConnection MEP
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 06:10:30 GMT
On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Thomas McKiernan <>wrote:

> Hi all,
> Some recent investigation has revealed that Sandesha2 treats a
> MakeConnection msg as a 2-way msg.
> However, according to the MC spec this is not entirely correct:
> "The MakeConnection element is sent in the body of a one-way message that
> establishes a contextualized back-channel..."
> The time that this becomes an issue is when WS-A is involved. Obviously we
> need a replyTo for MC connection to be any use to us. However, by defining
> MConnection as a 2-way we find that WS-A will complain if there is no
> msgID present in the msg.
> This is causing interop issues, since there is really no requirement on
> there being a msgID in this case.

I think the  MakeConnection  should not be used in Addressible client case.
Since server can initiate messages to the client.
So it is useful only in non addressable case.

It should handle in the same way we handle sequenceTerminate (RM 1.0) and In
only message cases.
Where send message is in only but the server writes a message to back
channel. At the client it read this response with the same thread and call

Please see handleResponse

Even this gets a fault it is written to the response properties to
msgContext or operationContext. So isn't it possible to handle this at RM
level as in other cases?