axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Axis2 as TLP
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 05:36:19 GMT
Deepal, this vote was called when there *clearly* was no consensus in the
axis2 community on what constituted the right TLP. I don't know who's
schedule we were running to but that's not right. Furthermore, a lot of
conversation on that thread was not done in a proper, civil manner.

That's why I voted -1.

I am going to respond to the new thread- I'm happy to help shape a new TLP
proposal that has a better chance of getting consensus. This is not about
winning a vote but rather achieving consensus - that's why I was so
disappointed that the previous vote was called for ... this is a project
that has been around for like 7-8 years (?) and we are trying to rush into
a breakup plan. Makes no sense to me.

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.