axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Axis2 as TLP
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:26:24 GMT
keith chapman wrote:
> -1 (binding)
>
> As the discussion shows we are clearly not ready yet.
What is your definition for ready ? do you think any project which
graduated as TLPs were ready ? . Not only that we can find a number of
project which are in TLP still not ready (compared to Axis2 ).  Honestly
I do not know the Apache policy for graduating a project as TLP ,
specially what level of ready they are looking for. If we wait till
project to be get ready before moving to TLP I am sure Apache will not
have any of the TLPs.

And if you vote based on that (ready or not ready) I know you will never
+1 for Axis2 as TLP.
> I guess making Axis2 a
> TLP at the moment will just increase the complexity than giving any added
> value.

I do not understand this , do you think after we move Axiom , rampart
and Neethi from Axis2 to WS complexity increased ? of course not. More
and more people started to use Axiom and Neethi after that. I think even
ODE will not use Axiom unless we move that as a TLP in WS (top level
subproject in WS).

Thank you!
Deepal

--